Man, I really haven’t been posting at all. My last post was over 3 months ago.
I didn’t draw as much last term, but that’s not to say I didn’t draw at all. Presenting: J’s coloring experiments! (In rough chronological order).
So for Christmas I received these markers. I thought it’d be interesting to do the sort of Copic-marker-blendy-coloring that a lot of other people do.
Unfortunately they didn’t blend.
I did some more experimenting with them. One interesting effect was to use a spray-air can held close to the marker to get an “airbrush” effect, as can be seen in the purple bits here:
I tried to put that effect to good use here:
In the end, we wound up returning the markers, as they weren’t really different from “non-art” markers.
I also tried to quickly do a colored work, which is what I believe D was referring to in this post.
I don’t think it’s that good (particularly the ugly background I poured in there just to have one. Probably goes to show I should practice digital coloring more…
This post is getting pretty long (in visual height and content, not in text), so the rest of the experiments will go in another post. Next time: traditional media again!