Quite some time ago now I posted a GT1 Test Painting saying that I might talk about the GT1 more in the future. Well, now it’s the future, it just took more time to get here than I’d thought.
A couple weeks after our last adventure, D managed to tree his Gamma 370. However, it dawned on us that the entirety of the propulsion components of the 370 (Motor, ESC, and battery) were available from the local hobby shop. Given that the rest of the Gamma 370 was just some foam in the shape of an airplane, we decided it would be interesting to try to build a plane from “scratch”. Here’s what we had to work with:
IT’S A POST BY J!!!!!!!
Ahem. Anyway, now that I’m back on the same side of the country as D, we try to get together every weekend to do something. At some point we figured we might as well document some of what we’re doing and put it on Nonsense Wars. That’s the entire point of having a blog/website right?
Step 1: Do stuff.
Step 2: Take photos of yourself doing stuff.
Step 3: Post photos of yourself doing stuff to internet. Maybe write about yourself doing stuff.
Step 4: Do more stuff.
Some of you might object that “??? […] Profit!” is missing. That’s not how the internet works for most people.
Anyway, on to Step 3!
Yes folks, with the Melvin more or less working properly, I had a great idea by which to revisit the Titanic: I decided to replace the foamcore cutout with a paper model.
I was only planning on having three posts for the USS Melvin saga, but at this point I really do need four to document all the crap that’s gone on with this thing. I last left off after the Melvin’s first real test run, which unfortunately took place in much less than ideal conditions. Nonetheless, I was able to determine that the performance was pretty good and that the boat was a little too heavy with four D batteries.
Thus, the first of many modifications were made.